Association of Expatriates
In response to the technological challenges of our time, the Board of Directors of the Association of Expatriates of Vouni sends you its regards through the internet. We look forward to a productive communication through our village’s webpage, which will benefit the effort we all make, along with the Community Council, for development.
Through our webpage, we intend to keep you informed about all our events, which aim to strengthen the relationships among the expatriates of Vouni, and also, to attract more friends, who adore the countryside and tradition, to visit the beautiful Vouni and have an unforgettable experience.
The visitors of the village have a lot to gain from a tour in Vouni. They will enjoy a wonderful route, the unparalleled clear and dry climate, a tour at the paved alleys and they will admire the intact and rich traditional architectural heritage. They will also have the opportunity to taste at the local taverns the traditional dishes called ‘mezedes’ and visit our sights such as the Church of Timiou Prodromou, the school, the traditional underground water tanks called ‘havouzes’, the popular heritage museum, the wine clarifying tree, the traditional old olive mill, the park and the shelter of the Cypriot donkey.
We thank you for visiting our village’s webpage and we will be glad to see you in one of our several events.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Association of Expatriates
The President Evangelos Anthimou Patsalides
The Association of Expatriates of Vouni of Lemesos was established in 1980 by a group of progressive residents of Vouni and its main objectives are:
a) To tighten the bonds of the Expatriate people of Vouni with their birthplace.
b) To achieve closer cooperation among the people of Vouni worldwide, to keep them informed about the present status of our village, its needs and ways to solve problems with a wider movement and coordination of their activities.
c) To develop initiative and cooperation among the competent community authorities or other local authorities in order to resolve problems and to compile plans for the growth of the village. Moreover, it aims to cooperate with other kindred communities such as Souni-Zanatzia, Latsi, Ktiri, Sterakovounos.
d) To systematize the efforts for the growth and progress of the village by implementing the necessary infrastructure projects for the exploitation of our village as a tourist resort or as a permanent place to live, this way aiming to the economic development and progress of the village.
e) To reinforce every educational, spiritual and cultural movement in the village.
f) To preserve the architectural heritage, to maintain the monuments and to restore the houses in a way which preserves their traditional form.
g) To make an effort to preserve the old folkways of the village.
h) To develop cooperation with other Associations of Expatriates in Cyprus and abroad, as well as with other competent bodies and services of The Republic of Cyprus.
All Boards of Directors of the Association have worked with great success up until today, in order to accomplish all the above objectives.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The present members of the Board of Directors of the Association of Expatriates of Vouni are:
|FRIXOS PROTOPAPAS||ORGANIZATION SECRETARY|
Association of Expatriates of Vouni
STATUTE OF THE WOMEN CLUB OF VOUNI OF LIMASSOL DISTRICT
The women club in Vouni village is founded in Limassol district with the name:’ Women Club of Vouni “which will be mentioned from now on as “Club “.
VENUE AND OPERATION
The venue of the club is at Vouni where the meetings and gatherings will be held. Any letters or documents will be sent to this venue .The committee can gather meetings to any other place as well. The Board of Directors is the superior coordinating board of its members.
AIMS AND DUTIES
The women club aims at the relationship development and the common contact among its members to exchange opinions and ideas for the promotion of several matters.
- It provides financial resources which is used to help and promote their tasks and which is provided as the Statute predicts.
MEANS TO ACHIEVE TASKS AND RESPONIBILITIES
- With regular and irregular meetings and gatherings of the members.
- With appropriate lectures to the members of the Club.
- With the formation of a fund for the proper operation of the club and the achievement of its tasks and responsibilities.
- With the cooperation of several Authorities, government, semi government or private Organizations for the achievement of the tasks and responsibilities of the Club.
- Members of the club can be anyone as long as they have paid their annual membership.
- Enrolling new members is allowed anytime
- The members are entitled to leave the club any time after a letter to the Secretary of the Club and after they will have arranged any fees of the Club.
MEMBER RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Every member has equal rights and responsibilities.
- Every member has the right to elect or be elected after they arrange their financial responsibilities to the Club.
- The members have the right to take part in different events of the Club.
- The members have to comply to the current Statute with the decisions of the Board of Directors and General Assembly and contribute to the progress of the Club.
- A deleted member, leaves or is expelled from the association, and has no right on the property of the association and does not avoid paying his fees to the Club.
- A member who leaves the Club lacks all his benefits and rights, but he can enroll again after the decision of the Board of Directors and after paying all his fees.
- The members must pay their subscription on time when the Board of Directors decides it. In a case of delay they will receive a letter by the Cashier.
- Annual member subscription which is defined on the Annual General Assembly after the suggestion of the Board of Directors and which is not under the amount of €20 (euros).
- Member donations.
- Any grant from community and music events or other events of the Club.
- Donations, fundraisings, or any other collections which are legally provided to the Club.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors consist of the Chairman of the board ,the Vice President ,the Secretary, the Secretary Assistant ,the Cashier , the Cashier Assistant and 4 members and they are elected every two years in the General Assembly. The Chairman is always one (with the exception of the current council where there are 2 Chairmen who take responsibilities on rotation every six months).
- The Chairman presides the conferences of the Club .He supervises the operation of the Club and signs all the documents of the Club with the Secretary in General Assemblies.
- Vice President
The Vice President assists the Chairman on his duties and replaces him when he is absent or when he is stumbled with his responsibilities and rights.
The Secretary keeps the register of the members of the Club .He keeps the record of the meetings, the General Assemblies and the Board of Directors. He takes over the mail, keeps records, keeps the stamp and signs with the chairman all the documents of the Club.
- Secretary Assistant
the Secretary Assistant helps the Secretary to accomplish his duties and replaces him when he is absent or stumbled.
The Cashier keeps the Cash register in which he registers all the receipts and payments of the Club. He keeps a book of all the assets of the Club. He provides detailed evidence for the financial situation of the Club .Accredited auditors check the Cashier and hold the financial situation of the Club.
- Cashier Assistant
The Cashier Assistant assists the Cashier to collect membership fees and generally on duties accomplishment and replaces him when he is absent or stumbled.
The General Assembly will be held in August every year, the date will be decided by the board of Directors .The 50 % of the members of the Club must be present in order to be conducted. After half an hour the people who are present will make the voting .every member can vote one person except of the chairman who can vote 2 persons.
In the General Assembly, any changes on the record can be made after any suggestions of the members and after voting.
The club will have the formal stamp which will have the name to be used in every formal document and receipts.
BOARDS OF DIRECTORS
- ANTHIE HADJIMATHEOU – PRESIDENT
- POLET SPANOU –VICE PRESIDENT
- DOXOULA ZOGRAFOU -SECRETARY
- ATHOULLA PROKOPIOU –SECRETARY ASSISTANT
- IRENE IOANNOU – CASHIER
- ANDROULLA PARASKEYA CASHIER ASSISTANT
- MARIN ANTONIOU –MEMBER
- MARIGO KOKKINOU –MEMBER
- LOUKIA CHRISTODOULOU –MEMBER
- CHRYSO FRIXOU –MEMBER
- NELLIE CHRISTODOULOU –MEMBER
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB
- FASHION SHOWS AT VOUNI SCHOOL
- SANTA CLAUS FOR CHILDREN
- CARNIVAL DANCE
- CHARITY BAZAARS
- CHARITY FOR POOR FAMILLIES OF OUR VILLAGE AND OF FOUNDATIONS FOR CHILDREN’S WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
- MEMBER MEETINGS
- HELP THE CHURCH
- GRANTED EXCURSIONS FOR THE MEMBERS AND THE VILLAGE RESIDENTS
- COOPERATION WITH THE COMMUNITY COUNCIL FOR EVENTS AT THE VILLAGE
- PRINTING COOK BOOKS WITH TRADITIONAL RECIPES
- PRINTING CALENDARS WITH PHOTOS OF OUR VILLAGE